A universe of applications, many hidden from view, are connected to your corporate social media properties.Uncounted, unmonitored, and ungoverned, each is a potential social media security risk, as well as a real security risk to your enterprise.
Think about the many social media properties, which represent your enterprise, and ask yourself:
- Over time, how many people have had the ability to connect applications?
- How many people still have the credentials or permission to connect applications?
- How many applications now have access to these properties?
- Have any of those applications been compromised?
- Have any of the credentials used to log into those third-party applications been compromised?
These are the questions that every corporate Security and Social Media Governance professional should be asking. Because there is a prevalence of hidden security risks from the corporate social media footprint.